Tips for celebrating National Seniors Day
Printable version in PDF format (1,501 kB, 1 page).
Check out these additional ideas for celebrating the seniors in your life!
- Look through a photo album with a senior in your family.
- Play a game and/or learn a game with your grandparents.
- Make artwork or a craft for a senior.
- Watch an old film or family videos with your grandparents.
- Call a grandparent or elder.
- Learn about your family's history.
- Give a National Seniors Day certificate of appreciation.
- Thank a senior who has made a difference in your life.
- Spend time with a senior.
- Visit or volunteer at a seniors' centre.
- Learn a recipe from a senior.
- Help a senior with a daily chore.
- Visit a public library with a senior.
- Send a letter or e-postcard to a senior.
- Start an intergenerational book club.
- Organize a community breakfast.
- Encourage schools and students to get involved in recognizing seniors.
- Distribute posters to promote the day.
- Support volunteerism with seniors and seniors' groups.
- Have special offers or promotions for seniors in your establishment.
- Declare October 1 as National Seniors Day with a mayoral proclamation.
- Plan a tree-planting ceremony to commemorate seniors' contributions to the community.
- Engage local media and ask them to help promote the day.
- Promote your event through social media.
- Date modified: